The Comfort Turkey Meatloaf recipe that I posted last year has actually become one of my most popular recipes. So I requested another great healthy turkey meatloaf from my readers and Lauren S. was kind enough to send this one in! Please enjoy and let me know how it works out for you!
Healthy Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dry wheat bread crumbs
- lemon pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl combine the turkey, egg, salsa, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion, bread crumbs and lemon pepper. Mix well until blended. Press mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. After 45 minutes or so, drain water as needed.