What a wonderful healthy recipe that our favorite healthy chef Lauren S. has recently shared with us! Please note that you may use either ground turkey or ground beef as the meat.
- 4 green bell peppers (or different colors if you desire)
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (or more if you want to make more flavorful)
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- water as needed
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers, and remove the seeds. Cook peppers in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain. Sprinkle salt inside each pepper, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute beef and onions for 5 minutes, or until beef is browned. Drain off excess fat, and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the tomato, rice, 1/2 cup water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C). Stuff each pepper with the beef and rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a baking dish. In a medium bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to make the soup a gravy consistency. Pour over thepeppers.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes, until heated through.